Tuesday, March 23, 2010

typical morning

Why is it that as soon as you tell someone your infant has been sleeping through the night for a month, that's the first night in his life that the baby wakes up 3 times? My 3 month old put me through the ringer last night. Just as baby Mason and I returned to our deep sleep at about 6:30am, that's when the 2 year old pipes up... I hear, "want GOOOK" (gook is Will's word for milk - yes, he can say milk, but he prefers GOOK) and the bedroom door bangs open. I'm laying there, praying the baby doesn't wake up right across the hall, trying not to be upset that Will woke up an hour earlier than usual, wishing the coffee were made, wishing his diaper was changed, and that his breakfast plate and milk were magically ready - after that millisecond full of thoughts, I rocket out of bed - to prevent the first issue (Mason waking due to Will's morning excitement) from becoming reality. Walking past his bedroom, I also pray that his bed is dry and he didn't pee through his Pampers yet again - YES! One tiny victory, no sheets to wash this morning. Now, hurry to make breakfast before Mason's cry blasts on the monitor. I keep rushing to squeeze in a tiny breakfast for myself - got it! Rush more to maybe get the dishwasher unloaded, got it. Pour my coffee - just in time...now, feed the baby...more diapering...more dishes...call G'ma...fold laundry left out from last night... Holy hell...it's time for lunch and we're all still in pj's...I guess I'll blog about my morning while Will is enjoys his lunchtime gook.

No comments:

Post a Comment