Friday, April 15, 2011

don't forget calendar time!

Tonight Jason checked on Will a couple hours after putting him to bed.  He called me up and ran to grab his phone.  So, I peek in...there he was, sound asleep in bed, lights on, covered in red marker.  Every square in April on the Toy Story calendar had been X'd out!  Clearly, the little guy thinks we need to keep up on our nightly calendar routine.  We've slacked for about 3 weeks now and have not been doing 'calendar time' along with teeth, potty, books, song, and prayers before bed.  SO - Will did it himself.  I don't know what impresses me more - the fact that he could reach his markers in the top dresser drawer or his desire to keep up with the calendar.  Either way, I know Jason and I won't be slacking anymore! 
This was just his face...I'll see if I can capture hands, arms, calendar, etc in the morning!  Good Job, Will!  I wonder if he thought to himself - "Today was Friday, April 15th.  Tomorrow is Saturday, April 16th; There will be no school tomorrow and Daddy will be home all day to play."

So, it's been a while and a lot has happened since my last post.  Will is doing fantastic.  He loves school and is doing so well in all areas.  Three years old and using iPads and touch screen computers in school!  Funny...when his dad only had one computer with internet and 13 computers in their 'lab' (k-12 school) at the time he graduated high school.  He loves to recite entire books to us at bedtime and will substitute silly words to see if we catch his 'mistake'!  I've been meaning to catch him with the video camera as he reads to Jason.

Mason is growing like a weed; getting taller and thinner all the time.  Red hair is sticking around yet, which is fun for us.  :)  He can finally wrestle with Will and I catch myself routing for him sometimes simply because Will has used his physical advantage over the last few months and now Mason's catching up and able to hold his own every once in a while.  It's fun to watch!  He does his best to keep up with Will running around the backyard, but he's still a little clumsy when he has any speed - lots of wipe outs!  We love Mason's deep voice and his animated expressions (usually a serious scowl with a stern mumble).

Our next project is a playset for the boys.  I'm in the process of weather sealing 4 boxes full of tiny cedar boards!  I hope I can finish before the crew arrives to assemble!  I hate doing it, but I know they'll spend many hours on it, so I keep going even when I think I'm about to go nuts staining the tiny edges of another 1x3 board and labeling it 'B3' for the 26th time in an hour.  
After that, it'll be the arrival of new bunk beds and that whole transition into sharing a room.
I'm sure those events will come with their own stories!

Anyway, the boys are doing great! 


Here are a couple more I took in the morning...






No comments:

Post a Comment